Monday 30 December 2013

NYE RESOLUTIONS

Well as this year comes to an end I feel as though I'm partly obligated to write a New Year's resolution list. So here goes nothing - do read on though. There's not an ounce in body that isn't screaming excitement. I know it's true what they say; "you don't need a new year to start a new life" but hey, I feel like a new year is just so much more inviting - don't get me wrong - snaps to you if you're just killin' it day-by-day but for me, a new year screams a new start, and what better way to start than with some fresh shoes that have 'power' drenched all over them. In 2014, I'm going to make black and white my bitch - by that, i mean I'm going to deposit of all things monochrome and dispose of all things else. Instead of wasting my money on thing's i like, I'd prefer to spend more on something I'd drop dead (of love) to wear... I've been inspired by the fashion culture of the European life and I can hardly wait to start my new wardrobe off with a bang. Better yet, I can't wait until Winter hits Australia - this year, I'm going all out with my coats: I mean it's still technically Summer and I'm already dreaming of that perfect coat. What on earth is wrong with me? Absolutely nothin' I'll tell you that much. My shoes will consist of comfort, capability and that perfect 4 inch and up heel/wedge/whatever my heart desires look - to be tall forever in my days of 2014 will be totally and utterly worth the crazy amounts of band-aids, blisters and broken toes (hopefully not to that extreme - but I like to cover all bases) that I will endure over the 365 days of happiness and powerful heights. I'll grow wise in my days, miss several late night trains, j-walk on the busy streets of sydney - time after time, drink numerous bottles of beautiful wine, wear the perfect coats to keep me cozy on the coldest of days and seek the one's who will build up my character, as I become more and more like the lady I always wanted to be and more. So get prepared, 2014, I'm ready to make you my bitch.

2014, meet Brooke - Brooke, meet 2014.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment